Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentines

This year was a bit more low key that last year. In fact I wasn’t really home for very long on Valentines day. I was out in the evening helping long time friends of ours move into their new house. However I though ahead this year and prepared something for Jenny. Nathanael had sent me a comical comparison between a potato and a rose that I though I would eventually use for Jenny. I wasn’t quite sure how to twist it so that it came across right. This year I figured I would venture to use it for Valentines.

First the letter with the quote, well kind of a quote but I had to re-word and sensor it.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

Surprised at the potato? Well here is some symbolism that may make you think differently;

Potato Vs. Roses

Roses only last like a couple weeks, and that's if you leave them in water. They really only exist to be pretty, so that's like saying "my love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance"

but a potato! Potato’s last forever, in fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow even if you just leave them in the sack. That part alone makes it a good symbol but there's more!

There are so many ways to enjoy a potato! You can even make a battery with it! That's like saying "I have many ways in which I show my love for you". Potatoes may be ugly, but they're still awesome so that's like saying "it doesn't matter at all what you look like, I'll still love you".

I then carved a potato into a flower and put in a box with some chocolates. Here is the picture but the potato looks a bit weathered since this picture was taken a few days later. See I do have some creativity in me!

P1020614

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you blogged! That is a great Valentine's idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,
    I blog irregularly at best, as you can see. I also was posting on two different blogs. Now I am just going to post here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear Jenny's laugh! Hee hee, I like to see and hear about your guys' creative ideas, I love it.

    ReplyDelete