Monday, February 21, 2011

Halloween 2010

I am going back a bit and writing about some things that happened in the fall that I never posted about. Halloween 2010 fell on a Sunday again but that didn’t stop us from celebrating it a day early. We had a ward trunk or treat on Saturday that we went to and got all dressed up for. Since Jenny was quite far along in her pregnancy we looked for a dress up idea that we could incorporate the pregnancy bump in. She had found some ideas but we decided on the skeleton family theme. People seemed to love it, and think it was creepy all at the same time. We got a few odd looks as we drove to the party. I have to say I liked it a lot better than last years costume. Last year I could hardly see, was hot and stuffy and kept tripping over kids including my own.

P1010913

Halloween is a special holiday in our home and requires us go all out. Since the actual holiday fell on Sunday we had a family dinner with the Halloween theme. It included spider web soup, skeleton punch and stuffed pumpkin.

P1010939P1010940P1010941

Last year we won the award in our ward for best family costume. This year we won it again. Jenny spends hours making costumes and this year was no different. We though we would go easy, since Jenny was almost 8 months pregnant, but it turned out to be almost as time consuming as last year. Fortunately this year was quite warm so we were able to walk around in just our costumes to collect our treats, really it is always a shame when you have to hide all that work behind layers or cold weather gear.

P1010930

I don't know what we will come up with next year but I guess I will let you know.

5 comments:

  1. The baby skeleton in Jenny's tummy is very cute/funny! Looks like the gang had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lots of fun to read all your new posts! My mom came home from Canada raving about the Christmas lights so I am glad you posted the video. I thought it was amazing. Good Job! Adalia is so cute! It was fun having Greg and Helen down here. She showed us the video from Ali. Tell Jenny hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to seeing the costumes Jenny makes!!
    I'm excited about the stuffed pumpkin in this post! What did you guys cook in it?? I always loved it when mom did that. I was going to attempt it this time, but I think Clay was scared :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin was just like mom used to make. With hamburger, rice, spices and water chestnuts in it. It was a bit different for Jen's family too but they were good sports about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, Luke! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, glad that you guys could carry that fun little tradition on this year :) Way to go Melchins being good sport n'all!

    ReplyDelete