Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rough housing

So, on occasion I like to do a little bit of rough housing with my kids. They often enjoy it as well, except of course for the times when someone gets hurt. That is just part of it though and the hurt individual is never out of the game for very long. Yesterday I was playing around with both Alli and Hayden. I was kneeling on the ground and the two of them were "attacking" me with their fists and I was fending myself off with little jabs to both of them. Alli realised that using her fists was having little effect on me so she switched to her feet. She started kicking me from behind. Since I quickly realized that she was in fact doing more damage I turned to her to tell her she was breaking the unspoken rule. Clearly no feet allowed. Hayden seeing that I had turned my attention to my rear assault quickly followed with a frontal attack also using his feet. He was much more effective with his attack placing a well aimed kick to my groin. As I crumpled up into a little feeble ball on the ground he continued to kick me while I was down. Eventually the two of them stopped and I was able to recover. Clearly I need to teach the two of them the unspoken rules of rough housing. Someone got hurt but that is just part of the game, it's not often me though. I have to say though I am proud of my little two who were able to take on their dad and beat him.

2 comments:

  1. When I first started reading this I thought that it was going to be about Hayden nearly losing a tooth in that collision with Scott. I like this story even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed this story, especially the part about Hayden kicking you while you were down!

    ReplyDelete